Setting Up mysql server

there's a lot of steps to be done and I'm to lazy to remember it. So, I'm going to make a record here in case some one is also as lazy as me :)

it best to make sure that you have updated software once in a while so run;

sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade


install mysql and apache

sudo apt-get install apache2 mysql-client mysql-server

start apache server


sudo service apache2 start


I got error saying it cannot bind to port 80

so I change it to listen to port 81


vi /etc/apache2/ports.conf

here my edited port.conf


# If you just change the port or add more ports here, you will likely also
# have to change the VirtualHost statement in
# /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default.conf

Listen 81

<IfModule ssl_module>
        Listen 443
</IfModule>

<IfModule mod_gnutls.c>
        Listen 443
</IfModule>

# vim: syntax=apache ts=4 sw=4 sts=4 sr noet

then I got another error say:  Failed to enable APR_TCP_DEFER_ACCEPT
and from stackoverflow said to put "AcceptFilter http none" to the end of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf

the apache server should be able to start now

start mysql-server


sudo service mysql start

Reference:


Deemarc Burakitbumrung

A software develper who graduated from Electronic and Communication Engineer. Have an interest in the field of programming and embedded system.

No comments:

Post a Comment