Beaglebone Day 1

img src: https://beagleboard.org
   Well, I'm actually playing with this beagle for quite sometime. But, I'm still remember the anxiety feeling I got when I received my first Beaglebone Black board and trying to use it.

What is Beaglebone

For those of you who don't know what Beaglebone is. Beaglebone board is something that look like a micro-controller but it's actually a hardware that running on a linux OS (I like to called an Embedded Linux but the OS itself it just the same as any normal Linux OS). So, There is a unique way to interact with it. They have launched many hardware version and variation already you visit their website to check it out. Figure shown below is the one I got called Beaglebon Black.

Visit Getting Start page

Beaglebone's Getting Start page is here. It will guide you to how to set it. From installing driver to try out programming on Javascript. But, for me, I prefer to program on C. So, I will need to use some other tools as well. Don't forget to prepare an SD Card with the latest OS image. You can find the image here.

Here are some software recommend for you to have;
  1. Etcher, For writing OS Image to a SD card.
  2. SD Memory Card Formatter, it better than format it with you self. It also help un-partition you sd card.
  3. bitvise client, a cleaner way to do the ssh to beaglebone. It also has a window for file transferring so it is quite convenient.

Passing internet to Beaglebone

There's a high chance you want to download some software package to be used in Beaglebone.
On how to do so please follow this link.

if you have a Beaglebone wireless version or you plan to attach a wifi dongle to it, here is a good link to setup a wifi
=== Not finished yet ===
later on I will update the information on how to use those tools with program screenshoot. and information on how to set beaglebone up soon.

if anyone want to know about these item or any other thing please comment and I will update it here as soon as I can :)

Reference

Deemarc Burakitbumrung

A software develper who graduated from Electronic and Communication Engineer. Have an interest in the field of programming and embedded system.

No comments:

Post a Comment